Saturday, August 30, 2008

Picnic Food

Today we went on a short hike to Makkarajärvi. So, in true food lover style we packed a delicious picnic.

Wasabi peas (again... I love those things!)

Salad with green beans stir-fried in soy sauce and wasabi (I sense a trend) and Lidl smoked diet ham which regardless of being 'healthy' was very delicious.

My calcium supplements which I keep forgetting to eat and/or photograph.

We found mushrooms on our outing! So, I fried those with onions and garlic. I made chicken korma (the sauce was from a jar... yes I am slightly ashamed) with boiled organic potatoes from Samuli's parents' farm and no matter what I did I could not make it look appetizing in that picture...but trust me, it was good (even if I say so myself).

And then I had a light cider while we watched Bones.

No comments: